Tuesday, April 3, 2012

POTATO ROLLED TACOS

I’m missing San Diego! I miss our families, friends and Mexican food!!!  I don’t care what local people say here in Tulsa about good Mexican food, it does not compare to San Diego.  With that, I decided to make potato rolled tacos.  They didn’t turn out as good as the taco shops in SD, but I shall continue to try and try again to perfect them.  I think they turned out pretty good considering it was my first time trying to make them. 
You can certainly be a little healthier by baking the rolled tacos.   I really wanted the crunchiness from frying them.  I could have deep fried in canola oil just like they do at the taco shops, but I went for middle ground, semi healthy, semi bad, the best of both worlds.  After I fried the suckers, I placed them on a plate with some paper towels to absorb some of the olive oil.  Anyway, they turned out great, and I recommend you to try this recipe, and to make a margarita for yourself while you’re at it J
Miss you San Diego!
Karie & Mike

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'm still in San Diego but have been craving a vegan version of rolled tacos for a week now. My boyfriend and I are going to try your recipe tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete