Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MINI DONUTS





























These vegan donuts are soooo good! I found a few recipes online and tweaked some of ingredients.  I’ve tried 2 different kinds of flour.  The first one was whole wheat flour, which I really liked because the batter was thick, and the mini’s came out like thick little mini donut cakes. The other flour I used was a gluten free flour, just to try.  The batter came out a little runnier, and took about 6.5 minutes to bake, but still came out pretty good.  I definitely prefer the whole wheat all-purpose flour for this recipe.  


I also used a mini donut maker by babycakes that I found at Kohl's (with a 30% off coupon). The donut maker is super easy to use and makes the cutest little donuts that come out very nice and neat. Easy clean up too, it's non stick.  If you don't have a mini donut maker, you can shape your donut dough in a donut shape if your batter is thick enough or also use a mini donut pan.  I initially went out to look for a donut pan but found out that the pans were almost the same price as the mini donut maker.  



No comments:

Post a Comment